Wednesday, March 4, 2009

No News Is Good News

Well, it's been a while since I posted on here, but I think I detected a hint from my sister that I needed to. I haven't been up to anything real exciting. There's not much out here in West Texas to get too excited about. Oh, I did purchase Brandy and myself a ticket to the Alan Jackson Concert. He will be here May 14. I wanted Jackie to go with me but she wasn't sure she would be able to. Alyssa was wanting to go but the tickets were too expensive and I don't know that she would really like it all that well.

I went to a "Momentum" Conference at my church Fri night and all day Saturday. It was really good. I left feeling real "lifted". Lisa Bevere from Denver, Co. was a guest speaker. She was good. She does a lot of good work and writes books. If you get a chance go to-www.Pearlalliance.org. She has a website that is good. She has been trying to get the word out about child trafficking. (sp?) It is terrible that those kind of things really go on. I can't even imagine.

I need to have a garage sale but I hate dragging all of my junk out. I don't even know what all I have. I bet I will run across something I've been looking for. Lee thinks all of his stuff is made of gold. Why is it that men hate to turn loose of their junk? They NEVER forget what they have either so you can't even like sneak it in because as soon as you do they will ask about it. I know he has some jackets he's had 30 years. Now if he hasn't worn them by now do you really think he is going to start? I think the next cold spell we have I will bring out his OLD and I mean OLD leather jacket and tell him he is either wearing it or it is out of here. He knows good and well he can't fit in that junk anymore. I know I will never be a size 7 again and if I am ever that lucky I am not going to wear that old stuff I wore in 1985. I am going to treat myself and go buy some new stuff. I sound a little bitter don't I? Sorry, I didn't get on here to vent so let me shut up now.

I went and got my hair trimmed today and Lexi stayed with mama and daddy. Before I left we were sitting in the garage and she looked at daddy and said "Papa, has your defibrillator gone off in your heart anymore?" She said "that scares me." She was over there in December when it went off and I guess she didn't want that to happen anymore. She's real smart.

Well, I guess I will watch Nancy Grace now and see what she has to say.

Take care~

2 comments:

Midway Records said...

Good to hear from you! Sneak some of Lee's clothes out a little at a time & maybe he won't notice. We saw Alan Jackson open for Sawyer Brown years ago at Tarleton.

Jackie said...

I hinted several times that Trace Adkins was coming to town, but no one ever got me a ticket and took me. Now he is gone :(